[opensuse-factory] Re: Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
Hi,

On 02/01/2017 05:46 PM, Franck Bui wrote:
On 02/01/2017 09:58 AM, Franck Bui wrote:
The partition names (not labels) on my disk were garbage characters.

Any idea on how this could have happened ?

I can't be entirely certain, but I strongly believe that it was because
I used a tool called gptgen (I think) to convert my old MBR disk to GPT
without data loss. I think this is the case because only older
partitions from before the conversion seem to have this issue.

Ok I think you've been hit by:

I don't think that the problem was about "garbage" characters but rather
than the resulting device name was exceeding the limit for unit name
length.

I'll include the fix for the next update.

The bug does seem to describe the issue I faced. In my case though, all
the disk labels were fine, it's the partition names that were invalid.

Thanks for including the fix! And generally thanks to everyone who works
on this project, it doesn't get said enough.