Re: [opensuse-factory] Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2017, 10:18 +0100 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le mercredi 01 février 2017 à 09:51 +0100, Oliver Neukum a écrit :

Am Dienstag, den 31.01.2017, 16:06 +0100 schrieb Robby Engelmann:

Ohh, there are more than that one. I remember, that I also
commented
on one of
these: no graphical input, instead textmode input is shown.
The question is, whether these are indeed related...
This time, no imput is shown at all (here in approx. 20% of the
reboots).

Hi,

given the endless number of bugs we see with plymouth
I think we should just drop it.

How about trying to work with upstream on fixing the issues ?

That would be inefficient. The basic interfaces for the console
were not designed for more than one owner of the console actually
doing graphics.
Thus we'd work hard on making more beautiful a gap we are working to
eliminate.

And booting just has to work. The amount of unreliability we can accept
there is much lower than in other areas.

Regards
Oliver