Re: [opensuse-factory] golang is dead in openSUSE?
On 02/01/2017, 10:01 AM, Aleksa Sarai wrote:
That one seems to be working really well. So the question is why he is
not a maintainer? Can somebody with power give him privileges to edit
devel:languages:go? I am cannot say he would agree, but he has not
filled in an e-mail to OBS, so I cannot CC him to ask...

IIRC he used to be a maintainer, but as above he has given his duties to
Thomas Hipp. Not sure why his email isn't in OBS though...

In any case, yes we are working on it. Sorry for the delays, but we are
only human. In addition it appears that very few people in the openSUSE
community are working on this (and mostly those people come from the
SUSE containers team -- which means that we simply can't spend all of
our time on it).

*If you'd like to improve the current state, please lend us a hand.*

Well, I started submitting updates (I need newer versions for syzkaller)
until I saw the mess and rather old requests. I stopped, obviously.

It's nice to read that the guys are working on that. I will use
home:tboerger:branches:devel:languages:go for syzkaller now and
report/fix if something is still broken.

Looking forward when devel:lang:go gets in shape the same as tboerger
repo is.

thanks,
--
js