[opensuse-factory] Use openSUSE own translations in Tumbleweed instead of SLE's
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 22:45:44 +0800
Hi,

This problem has been there for a while, which is:

We translators made translations for eg zypper, zypp, and many yast
modules, but in the end the translations are not from
svn.opensuse.org.

I think those translations are from SLE. Because some of the translated
strings look so weird that seem to be translated by outsourcing company
that never know what Linux is.

It introduced a lot of troubles, eg:

Currently with zh_CN.UTF-8 locale, when you zypper dup:

是否继续? [是/否/? 显示全部选项] (是): y
无效应答“y”。 [是/否/? 显示全部选项] (是): 是

Continue? [y/n/? show all options] (y): y
Invalid answer "y". [y/n/? show all options] (y): 是

See? I have to type a Chinese "yes"! even in TTY which has no Chinese
input method at all.

The translations come from zypper.mo, but in my translated zypper.zh_CN.po:

msgid "y/n"
msgstr "y/n"

See the difference?

Please switch translations for Tumbleweed (even for Leap!) from unkonwn
source to openSUSE user contributions.

Marguerite