[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2016/1
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

This is the first review of the year – and will cover the four
snapshots 20151231, 20160101, 20160105 and 20160107.

First off, we heard about your issues with Plasma5/Akanodi/KDEPIM5. A
short explanation: only things up to ring2 are tested in stagings to
not break with checkins. Up to now, kdepim4 is in ring2 (as part of the
default patterns, it is installed). kdepim5 is not. And thus, breakage,
direct or indirect, is hardly seen. I heard from the KDE Team that
there is a plan to correct this – then we will see kdepim5 as part of
the rings and get more testing attention, as it deserves.

Now, to the ‘better’ news – what did you get with those 4 snapshots:

  * Plasma 5.5.2
  * KDE Framework 5.17.0
  * KDE Applications 5.12.0 (sadly, not complete, which causes above
mentioned issues)
  * Mesa 11.1.0
  * Rework Tumbleweed theme, based on the new graphics. Some minor
glitches here and there to be corrected
  * and as usual, all the smaller library updates

What are the things to expect soon:

  * Hopefully a fully working and stable Plasma environment with a
complete set of KDE Applications 5.12.0
  * systemd 228: still pending as our test machine loses network
connectivity after updating from 13.2
  * gcc 5.3.1: some more failures to fix with yast/boost: gcc got a bit
more consistent and raises -Wdeprecated-declarations to errors when
-Werror is also passed. This in turn makes some yast modules fail to
build (yast uses -Werror, but the deprecation warnings come actually
from boost).

Have a great weekend, I’m looking forward to another exciting year for
openSUSE