[opensuse-factory] Instructions for Tumbleweed & Factory Users *All should read*
Hi All,

It's openSUSE 13.2 release day, apologies for posting this a little
later than intended, but here are the instructions for Tumblweed and
Factory users to move to the 'new' merged Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed users *must* follow these instructions as soon as possible to
continue to get rolling updates.

Factory users need to do this within the next 6 months, by which time
the old Factory repositories will be removed. We will be sending out
reminders as that deadline approaches, but you can do it now.

Remove your existing system repositories

# mkdir /etc/zypp/repos.d/old
# mv /etc/zypp/repos.d/*.repo /etc/zypp/repos.d/old

Then add the new repositories for Tumbleweed

# zypper ar -f -c http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss
repo-oss
# zypper ar -f -c http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss
repo-non-oss
# zypper ar -f -c http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/debug
repo-debug

Then zypper dup to new Tumbleweed

# zypper dup

REGARDING ADDITIONAL REPOSITORIES:
The above instructions will remove ALL additional repositories you have
configured.
You will need to re-add those you need but please consider the below.

Users who are using additional 'openSUSE_Tumbleweed' repositories from
OBS are recommended to either stop using those repositories or wait a
few days to ensure the build service has had time sync up and has the
packages built for 'new' Tumbleweed. We'll be posting updates here once
we have them.

Users who are using additional 'openSUSE_Factory' repositories should be
fine, besides the obvious 'name mismatch' which is obviously cosmetic,
but will get your packages on your machine while we get OBS to reflect
the merger.

--

Richard Brown
QA Engineer

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)