Re: [opensuse-factory] [Proposal] Drop twinkle
  • From: Hans Witvliet <suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:56:40 +0100
On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 08:13 +0100, Michal Kubecek wrote:
On Tuesday 11 of February 2014 21:59:29 Marcus Rueckert wrote:
That package is bit rotting since almost 5 years.
This would also let us get rid of libzrtpcpp2.

comments?

That would make me very unhappy. I tried both linphone and ekiga and
liked neither.

Biggest manco for linphone is that it can not use a openldap as a phonebook
directory.
Ekiga can, but some of it's buttons/field operate counter intuitive.
Jitsi (somewhere on the OBS) should be renamed obesi-phone, with regards
to it memory usage. It has been reported on the jitsi-list to be using
over 1GB. But it works great (sip + xmpp) as long as you still have mem.

Only alternative might be slphone (qt and gtk skil)
Just hope that the quality of the code is inversely proportional to the
amount of docu :-))

hw