Re: [opensuse-factory] [Proposal] Drop twinkle
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:31:47 +0100
On Tuesday 11 of February 2014 21:59:29 Marcus Rueckert wrote:
That package is bit rotting since almost 5 years.

I must admit I hate this term; in my experience, it's only an empty
phrase frequently used when someone is short of technical arguments.
Bits don't rot. There are only unfixed (known) bugs, incompatible
API/ABI changes and new requirements not addressed.

So what exactly is wrong with twinkle?

- are there serious known and unfixed bugs?
- do we plan to drop Qt3 in the near future?
- does it lack IPv6 support? (I don't know if it does - but I'm pretty
sure there is a lot of other applications which do and noone accuses
them of "bit rotting")
- does it lack support for some important SIP features or audio codecs?

Michal Kubeček