Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: KDE 4.12.2 is now in Tumbleweed
On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:42:15PM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
Greg KH writes:
I can't duplicate this here, how are you updating? You have to use:
zypper dup
to use Tumbleweed, with no priority differences for any repo or
anything else odd.

How are you updating?

After another reboot and temporarily removing the locks again: zypper
dup keeps the current installation, but zypper patch would do the
rollback to KDE 4.11.5 if I let it. Locking the patches prevents this
from happening and both dup and patch agree that they don't need to do
anything.

Don't mess with patches, just do 'zypper dup' and make all your repos
the same level and all should be fine.

Tumbleweed is not "tricky", don't try to make it harder than it really
is :)

thanks,

greg k-h