Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Re: KDE 4.12.2 is now in Tumbleweed
On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 08:17:59PM +0100, Yamaban wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 19:59, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@...> wrote:
On Thursday 06 February 2014 10:55:25 Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 07:39:26PM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:

After the installation, these eight patches must be locked to avoid an
immediate re-installation of KDE 4.11.5:

openSUSE-2013-829
openSUSE-2013-873
openSUSE-2013-905
openSUSE-2013-928
openSUSE-2013-935
openSUSE-2013-979
openSUSE-2014-79
openSUSE-2014-102

What do you mean by this? How will anything be "reinstalled"?

This seems that besides the Tumbleweed repository, Achim still has the update
repository for openSUSE 13.1 active. This would be the only way that 4.11.5
can be forced to be installed again as that only the update repo contains KDE
4.11.5.

Achiim, I don't think that you can mix Tumbleweed and the 13.1:Update
repository. As far as I know this is mutual exclusive as this could deliver
quite some issues.

Solvable by giving Tumbleweed-repo a higher prio (lower number) than
13.1:Update-repo. That way any package in Tumbleweed-repo will be prefered
over 13.1:Main(oss/non-oss)-repo and 13.1:Update-repo.

Normal install gives main-distro-repo a 99 for prio, and update a 98, so
e.g. "zypper mr -p 90 Tumbleweed-repo" helps to avoid such trouble.

No, everything should be at the same priority level, and you should only
use 'zypper dup' to update things.

thanks,

greg k-h