Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: KDE 4.12.2 is now in Tumbleweed
On Thursday 06 February 2014 10:55:25 Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 07:39:26PM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
After the installation, these eight patches must be locked to avoid an
immediate re-installation of KDE 4.11.5:

openSUSE-2013-829
openSUSE-2013-873
openSUSE-2013-905
openSUSE-2013-928
openSUSE-2013-935
openSUSE-2013-979
openSUSE-2014-79
openSUSE-2014-102

What do you mean by this? How will anything be "reinstalled"?

This seems that besides the Tumbleweed repository, Achim still has the update
repository for openSUSE 13.1 active. This would be the only way that 4.11.5
can be forced to be installed again as that only the update repo contains KDE
4.11.5.

Achiim, I don't think that you can mix Tumbleweed and the 13.1:Update
repository. As far as I know this is mutual exclusive as this could deliver
quite some issues.

Regards

Raymond

Hi,

Tumbleweed [0] must have update repos added:

and should be updated using zypper dup only.

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed

Regards

Luiz