Re: [opensuse-factory] Important changes to patterns in factory
On 05.02.2014 12:59, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
I like the idea as well, when would a split be feasible, should
we wait a bit with that until any potential bugs in the new
patterns package have been addressed?
At least for rest_cd_x11 the new spec file seems to inline the
dependencies of other patterns rather than dependeing on those
other patterns, i.e. it inlines xfce_basis even though it has a
direct dependency on patterns-openSUSE-xfce_basis.
There are several other patterns which have multiple
"# from data/..." comments below them, is there a bug in your
conversion script?

No, this is the way it was setup and I like to rework that a little
in the future. In the old way a new pattern was a lot of work, so I
avoided it very often - and rather included several package lists
per pattern.

The rest* patterns are special anyway, but as long as the rescue cd
is a derivate of the xfce pattern, we may want to keep them together.

Greetings, Stephan