Re: [opensuse-factory] Release without a Release Manager
  • From: Marcus Moeller <marcus.moeller@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:58:41 +0100
Hi coolo.

I have read the current news on the openSUSE team and the plans to step
back from the development.

In general, I don't see a big problem here, but one thing really makes
me a bit anxious: As Coolo is also part of the team, is it even possible
to release a new version of openSUSE without him?

From what I know for now, nobody except Coolo knows all the stuff that
is necessary for releng.

One option I could see is to setup a Release Team with members from the
Community and maybe someone from SUSE and do a hackweek together with
Coolo to instruct the team. So Coolo, if you read this, do you thing
that could be an option? Would you offer your help to hand over the
tasks to such a team?

I never planed not to help. All I wish for are more helping hands and
better tools to support them.

Thanks for making that clear. It just looks like that SUSE is now putting more pressure on the community to force help.

Greets
Marcus

< Previous Next >