Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Release without a Release Manager
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:48:24 +0100
Dne St 5. února 2014 12:18:39, Matwey V. Kornilov napsal(a):
On 05.02.2014 11:45, Marcus Moeller wrote:
One option I could see is to setup a Release Team with members from the
Community and maybe someone from SUSE and do a hackweek together with
Coolo to instruct the team. So Coolo, if you read this, do you thing
that could be an option? Would you offer your help to hand over the
tasks to such a team?

It is better to write docs in order to everyone clearly understand how
does it work. Folklore tends to be modified on the fly.

We actually started documenting it. Explaining what goes where (really limited
mostly for the factory maintenance which is crushial for the proper release).

But we kinda hit lack of people there as nobody really volunteered to chip in.
For starters take a look on the wiki [1].

The issue now is that some tools are done pretty hackishly so we are cleaning
up wrt the staging workflow changes so it will be more friendly. And also we
now run some of the services on machine that is visible only from the inside,
but as it is virtual machine we can later on move it somewhere we can give
access to trusted persons.

Current start point would be to help us with the staging bugs we put under
easy hacks [2] or try to fix failures directly on Factory to see how much fun
it is :)

Cheers

Tom

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Release_team_processes