Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Maintainers wanted for Dracut and Plymouth
Le mardi 04 février 2014 à 13:44 +0100, Ludwig Nussel a écrit :
Raymond Wooninck wrote:
Ludwig is indicating that a black boot screen might be acceptable by our
users, but the question arises then, what is going to establish that black
boot screen ? I never tried it, but I guess with Plymouth disabled we will
just have the systemd status messages scrolling over the screen. Is this
really what we want to present to our users ?

With the quiet option the screen just stays black, you only see what
initrd prints until a getty or xdm is started. With some cleverness in
systemd it could even print something useful if it notices that some
service takes extraordinarily long.

This part has been improved in upstream systemd

I think it already does that in
verbose mode.

Or when you press esc and you are running plymouth ;)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE