Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Maintainers wanted for Dracut and Plymouth
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:44:57 +0100
Raymond Wooninck wrote:
Ludwig is indicating that a black boot screen might be acceptable by our
users, but the question arises then, what is going to establish that black
boot screen ? I never tried it, but I guess with Plymouth disabled we will
just have the systemd status messages scrolling over the screen. Is this
really what we want to present to our users ?

With the quiet option the screen just stays black, you only see what
initrd prints until a getty or xdm is started. With some cleverness in
systemd it could even print something useful if it notices that some
service takes extraordinarily long. I think it already does that in
verbose mode.

cu
Ludwig

--