Re: [opensuse-factory] Trying to improve our communication
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:04:01 -0500

Thanks for your feedback, will update it! Just for the record:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OpenSUSE_team
Probably should be updated as well, I'm on it.

It could be the name of that team which is the major source of
confusion. As non-intimates of who the openSUSE team @ SUSE is, it
seems all encompassing when first exposed to the name.

I think defining who the team is not is as important as defining who
the team is.

I think updating that page to explicitly add some other SUSE related
teams would help clarify things.

ie. If these exist: The QA team, the OBS team, the release team, the
security team, the legal team, etc.

Basically the name of "openSUSE team @ SUSE" makes it sound to the
casual reader like it is all SUSE employees that work on openSUSE
related tasks full or part time. That impression needs to be scaled
back significantly from what I can tell.

Thanks
Greg