Re: [opensuse-factory] Timeline and roadmap V2
Hi,

1.- openSUSE Team want an integration process driven by the community, not
by us like it is now.

Stop right here.

Who is "openSUSE Team"?

openSUSE Team at SUSE: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OpenSUSE_team

Who is "us"?

openSUSE Team at SUSE

Who is "community"? What "community" are you referring to?

openSUSE

And why the hell are these different things?

They are not. I made the distinction because I needed to refer to tasks done
in 12.3 and 13.1 by this group of people from other tasks.

7.- If some of you take over some (or all) of the tasks related with the
Release, that deadline can be moved (earlier) or even erased. It would be
up to those working on the Release.

What tasks need to be taken over? What do they involve?

These tasks:
https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-13-1-release/roadmap?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tracker_ids[]=4&tracker_ids[]=5&tracker_ids[]=8&completed=1

The stabilization/marketing process is described there as tasks.

8.- After this research/development phase the oS Team will go back to work
on the Release as usual, hopefully focusing our efforts in "users" after
improving Factory.

Who is doing this "research / development"? Why would afterwards
everything to back to "as usual"?

The openSUSE Team at SUSE will do this research / development together with
those who want to join us. So far we will be working on:

1.- Staging projects and new workflow[1]
2.- New openQA version + integration in new workflow[2]

We sent to this list a mail about each one of this two projects. You can get
an overview of the target/goals/ideas through this blog post[3]

I see this period we are heading as an opportunity to deprecate some of
the
technical problems we have been struggling with for some time.

What specific technical problems are you referring to?

The blog post will provide you most of the answers.[3]

The more people we have focusing in the new plan, the better.

What "plan"? The "plan" just seems to have changed again, dictated to
"us". How do we know it's not going to change again tomorrow? How
would we even know if it changes?

The blog post will provide you most of the answers.[3]

This is why we take engagement in the development as one of the main
topics.

That sentence made no sense at all, please try to expand on it.

Still totally confused and really not feeling any better at all about
any of this.

Do not hesitate to ask further questions if you have them.

greg k-h

Team WTF

[1]
https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/stagings/roadmap?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tracker_ids[]=4&tracker_ids[]=10&completed=1