Re: [opensuse-factory] Timeline and roadmap V2
On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 04:56:45PM +0100, agustin benito bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

I will try to summarize the main points:

1.- openSUSE Team want an integration process driven by the community, not by
us like it is now.

Stop right here.

Who is "openSUSE Team"?

Who is "us"?

Who is "community"? What "community" are you referring to?

And why the hell are these different things?

7.- If some of you take over some (or all) of the tasks related with the
Release, that deadline can be moved (earlier) or even erased. It would be up
to those working on the Release.

What tasks need to be taken over? What do they involve?

8.- After this research/development phase the oS Team will go back to work on
the Release as usual, hopefully focusing our efforts in "users" after
improving
Factory.

Who is doing this "research / development"? Why would afterwards
everything to back to "as usual"?

I see this period we are heading as an opportunity to deprecate some of the
technical problems we have been struggling with for some time.

What specific technical problems are you referring to?

The more people we have focusing in the new plan, the better.

What "plan"? The "plan" just seems to have changed again, dictated to
"us". How do we know it's not going to change again tomorrow? How
would we even know if it changes?

This is why we take engagement in the development as one of the main
topics.

That sentence made no sense at all, please try to expand on it.

Still totally confused and really not feeling any better at all about
any of this.

greg k-h

Team WTF