Re: [opensuse-factory] Releases going forward
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:18:03PM +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2014-01-31T17:43:32, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's tumbleweed in fact.

Tumbleweed is a great precedent and shows that this can be made to work.
But I envision this with more support, and never having the need to
'rebase' to the next 'major release'. (Which is a disruptive, scary
change.)

I've stated how Tumbleweed can not do the big "disruptive, scare change"
every release in the past, but as almost none of the changes that are
needed to do this have been done (with the exception of the OBS server
updates, which have been much appreciated), I don't see this ever
changing.

Which is a huge issue, and one big reason why this whole proposal of no
more releases is totally out of step with how the real world actually
works from a basic technical level.

greg k-h