[opensuse-factory] Re: Your thoughts on dropping pm-utils
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 22:07:23 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez writes:
No idea if the if-up scripts can or should react to system resume.

I've removed pm-utils from my system and did a suspend/resume. Network
is shut down before suspend and fetches a new DHCP address after the
wake-up.

will it save/restore the hardware clock etc.?

The kernel takes care of the RTC suspend/resume.

Systemd notices that the time has been changed, I assume that this is
the RTC interaction. NTP is not explicitly handled as far as I can tell
from the log, but ntpd notices that the network has been down and sets
the reach for all clock sources to zero, then re-syncs.

Regards,
Achim.