Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2013, 16:18:57 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a.
Dimstar:

Quoting Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:

My hope is that we can developer some kind of objective QA measurements
in future for this. Eg. X server is not only compiling, but even starting :)
Or bluez update does not break the tools for one of the desktops like it
is even the case for openSUSE:13.1 released version.

Please, stop using this example! This was CONSCIOUSLY decided, HERE on
the Factory mailing lists.

Well, I do not want to spoil this discussion with that, but it comes to the
point where we need to define our quality criterias before and follow them.

And such criterias must be objective and should not be driven by current
technical
problems if we want to have the user acceptance.

bye
adrian

PS: seriously, can you imagine that an Android ships breaking sound for the
users?
No, it would just not ship, because it does not meet the QA criteria.
That is why I really recommend everbody of my friends to use android instead
of classic GNU/Linux these days.

And together with the new PA breakages I have to use two command line every
few
minutes, just because it looses connections while it worked before.

Even worse, I do not care about to create bugreports anymore (well I did
for bluez),
because it is fighting against wind mills. But with a working QA system, I
would actually
provided test cases in such situations, because I would believe that my
work is not
void tomorrow. Yes, long way to go...

--

Adrian Schroeter