Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
Quoting Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>:

Hi Coolo,
good article and interesting idea. I think I also commented original
mail about rings. I am not sure if it is right direction how it should
go, because there is still too much human interaction. I think that in
optimal case all work should do machines and humans only solve
exceptions or special cases.
Of course it depends if we have enough build power to keep all work to
machines.

My idea is much simplier:

1) for every package submission to factory create own COW copy of
factory where try to build package and all of its dependencies ( so
quick for leaf package and slow for core package )

2f) if this fail reject submission, then create from copy staging
project and fix all problems related to failure

2o) if everything is fine, then create ISO and test it in openQA and
follow to 3

Very similar to what we are proposing so far!

But this stage can be avoided IMHO. We do not need ISOs to test GCC, kernel or systemd. The ISO is needed to test the installation process: YaST, KIWI or whatever tool is used in the medium.