Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed: systemd cannot start privoxy
On 11/20/2013 10:34 PM, Yamaban wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 04:00, Patrick Shanahan <paka@...> wrote:
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-20-13 20:18]:
El 20/11/13 21:46, Patrick Shanahan escribió:
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-20-13 18:51]:
El 20/11/13 20:33, Patrick Shanahan escribió:

Nov 20 18:27:08 Crash systemd[1]: Starting Privoxy Web Proxy With
Advanced Filtering Capabilities...
Nov 20 18:27:09 Crash systemd[1]: privoxy.service: control process
exited, code=exited status=1

Is the daemon configuration file correct ? it exited cleanly with
EXIT_FAILURE .

I am presently running privoxy via --no-daemon and it is active and
showing no errors. It ran successfully for years until the 13.1
update.
If you are referring to a file other than /var/lib/privoxy/etc/config,
please tell me which,

I am refering to the file which is being read by privoxy in the unit
file, that is /etc/privoxy/config

I do have /etc/privoxy/config, but:

21:57 Crash: ~ # rpm -ql privoxy
[snip]
/etc/privoxy
THIS IS A LINK (points to /var/lib/privoxy/etc)

What genius thought it was a good idea to move system-specific config data out of /etc, so that when an admin backs up /etc, they DON'T in fact have all the important stuff they are SUPPOSED to have?

I don't use privoxy or 13.1, this is a general common sense thing and doesn't matter what package or OS.

--
bkw