Re: [opensuse-factory] 13.1 GM
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:32:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2013-11-13 at 15:15 +0100, cagsm wrote:

This is retarded I agree with you :). Seriously let the mirrors keep
up with the stuff, thats why we have such stuff as aria and bulk
distro means such as torrents and whatever else. Those things are
dependable and can be hammered and battered much better than single
place of fail servers and stuff. Why not immediately start

You don't understand. You can't release before all the mirrors have got their copies ready. If they try to release too early the downloads will hammer on a very few number of mirrors, because the rest will not be listed, or if listed they will not have the images, or the paths.

You have to give time for the administrators of the mirrors to prepare the changes. This time is also used by the marketing team to prepare the texts. Also you have to write the release notes, license texts... and then you have to ask the translators to translate, which also take time. Days, actually.

Please be patient.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.