Re: [opensuse-factory] mysql-workbench removed in 13.1
On Wednesday 13 November 2013 11.26:22 Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 12 November 2013 15.02:47 Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can only agree on what Michal said.
Ony 5x version would have never survive on 13.1 or factory.
Then Mysql released a new version, but then we have to build a new lib
used by it etc.
6.x is totally different, has to be reviewed etc.
It's a pia to build ...

For those who were trusting Workbench they should by curiosity have a
look at the build log.

Would you care to elaborate?

Quick summary, get a warning ( pointer conversion, etc ) for any line of
compilation.

TBF, not every developer cares about cleaning warnings, and warnings
don't necessarily point out errors.

It could just be a case of whiny compiler on this particular style of
code. Hard to tell without deeper inspection.