On 11/7/2013 8:31 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I think we ought to keep acroread in the distro simply because it's
about usability. The current suggestions:

a) download it from adobe yourself
b) use something else

are not good enough. If (a) was a real solution, why are we building
building a distro at all. (b) is not a solution because there is no
100% replacement for acroread.

By removing acroread, we are sacrificing critical usability because of a
rule about unmaintained software. I suggest we reconsider and wait
until the alternatives have caught up. Once we have a mature
plug-compatible alternative, we can remove acroread.

package up a download-and-install-the-fly script

surely acroread is no more unmaintained than microsoft true type fonts from 15 years ago?

--
bkw