Re: [opensuse-factory] No more acroread?
On 2013-11-05 22:01, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

For tax, complain to the government. No government should ever require
all tax payers to BUY software.

And they don't, acroread was gratis.

They should always allow you to fill out a hardcopy in manuscript and
fax it over or something like that.

Oh, yes, you can do that. But we are in the computer age.

And complain, because complaining is the right thing to do. Force them
to consider open access to the tools needed to PAY TAXES.

PDFs were considered open, because they could be handled on any
platform. What they understand for open, that is.

Previously, they used special software that only worked in Windows (or
plain paper), so PDFs were an advance.

In the meanwhile, drink some wine. ;-)

Ha ha.

Because there are CLI tools to produce the same effect. :-p

Well, if there are CLI tools, it should be rather simple providing a
button that does the CLI mangling for you. Did you open the issue and
they refused? (I'd find that hard to believe - but if they did... a
patch may speak louder).

I have no issue with printing booklets from PDFs, I know how to do them.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.