Re: [opensuse-factory] No more acroread?
On Tuesday 05 November 2013 18.20:55 Claudio Freire wrote:
About acroread, I've never needed it ever since evince and all the
others. They do a really good job. In fact, OSS's write capabilities
far outmatch any commercial tool. Is there any kind of document OS
alternatives don't handle well?

Yes try to open a 3dpdf with any oss tools you will certainly miss some
important part,
could really annoying when your job depend on that.

Another things that only Adobe Acrobat reader has is the efficient print in
booklet mode.
And this one I can't understand that none floss software is able to propose a
solution.
(I mean one that a lambda user could run, not a series of | jungling with
latex, ghostcript, cups-filter, even if that would solve a lot of trouble :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member