Re: [opensuse-factory] Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:06:41 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2013-11-04 at 20:16 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

I think testing of the changed network interface naming might be useful.
If you upgrade, there's no change, but new installations will see some
pretty odd names (to people who aren't used to them). In the past,
many assumptions have been made based on the name of the interface, all
of those have been invalidated.

In a test I did, upgrading meant no network.

The old eth0 interface did not work at all. And the newly named interface neither, because it was not configured. Both interfaces showed in Yast. I did a post about that:

Subject: [opensuse-factory] [13.1 RC1] - upgrade test: no network device

I plan to test another upgrade with RC2, but I'm still downloading it, my netowrk is slow.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.