Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
On Friday 01 November 2013 13.26:14 Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

I'am trying to watch the logs but it's a bit too slow.

journalctl

is running since 8 hours now and it has printed only 120MB text yet.
That's only 4K/s. Is this normal?
journalctl also consumes 100% CPU the whole time so the machine is
useless currently.

cu,
Rudi

/me just loving journald + systemd-logger

journalctl is a perfect tool excepted it slowlyness (even on ssd) but you
certainly don't want more than since the last boot
so using -b fix for 98% my use case.

syntax color, search, bold, export in text file etc ...

Thanks to have invented that tool!

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch