Re: [opensuse-factory] Upgrading from RC1 to RC2 from DVD iso
On 04/11/13 01:05, Thomas Leineweber wrote:
Hi,

Am 03.11.2013 13:48, schrieb Basil Chupin:
But then today I decided to make sure that I in fact had RC2 and decided
to use the iso and envoke not the Installation option but the (?)Upgrade
Existing system. Doing so resulted in what I described in my first post:
ALL of my repos were deleted leaving me with only the DVD and ~580MB of
files were downloaded.
It has been this way since some releases, if you go with the defaults
during a DVD- or NET-based upgrade. But you have two places where you
can change it:
* On the screen where you choose that you want to upgrade an existing
system, you have a checkbox, that you want to use additional
repositories during the upgrade. If you check it, you are presented
with the community repositories to add to your repositories during
the upgrade.
* Doing an upgrade, there is always a screen which shows your old
repositories. The default is to remove all of them. I think this
is a sane default, because they are mostly based upon an oder
openSUSE version. But you can retain them disabled or enabled during
the upgrade. I just do not know whether you can change the
repository URLs on this screen.

Thomas

Thanks for this. Never noticed any of these options. Must pay more attention the next time, eh?

Or the installation system should ask for confirmation to what you are about to do just to make you sit up and take notice of what you are doing?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.2 & kernel 3.11.6-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor