Re: [opensuse-factory] secure boot trouble
  • From: Michael Chang <mchang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:22:58 +0800
2013/3/6 Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

Installing RC2 on Lenovo Carbon X1 results in:

Image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED*

Could you please help to confirm

1. Did you enable secure boot support in yast2 bootloader during installation ?
2. Did you boot with "opensuse-secureboot" entry in your UEFI boot
manager to the installed system ?

And please file a bug if your checks are correct but still fail.

Thanks,
Michael

when Secure Boot is enabled.

Booting from the stick to which I dumped the RC2 ISO image is not a problem.
The issue occurs after the installation.

I setup a custom partitioning scheme

/dev/sda1 vfat mounted to /boot/efi
/dev/sda2 swap
/dev/sda3 xfs mounted as /

I think this should work for secure boot.

Turning secure boot off allows the installed image to boot and the
installation process to continue, i.e. enter the configuration part of the
installation process.

Later,
Robert
Tech Lead