[opensuse-factory] New package: arandr
Hi all,

I'd like to propose a new package for Factory (and later general
openSUSE of course): arandr, "Another XRandR GUI"

ARandR is designed to provide a simple visual front end for XRandR.
Relative monitor positions are shown graphically and can be changed in a
drag-and-drop way.
It is written in python with only very little dependencies (mainly the
xrandr command line tool and python-gtk)

The project's homepage is http://christian.amsuess.com/tools/arandr/

Upstream is active, whenever there is a need to change things due to
changed xrandr syntax those changes are done quickly. Patches I made for
my package have been incorporated (actually not my patch, but my idea
was implemented in an even better way).

Actually upstream asked me how to best install it from my home
repository, which kicked me to get my butt up and get it included in
Factory. I noticed that Pascal already had put it into X11:Utilities in
the mean time and that actually looks like a good devel project for it.

Right now the instructions for SUSE users on the home page are not as
easy as for the other distributions, this is why I want to get it into
the distrubution proper, so that "zypper in arandr" will just work for
everyone.

I'm not going to drop off the edge of our planet's disc soon, and I have
to maintain the package for my boss anyway, so including it should be a
no-brainer IMHO :-)

best regards,

seife
--