Re: [opensuse-factory] Questions re Tumbleweed
I just installed oS 12.2 and then "upgraded" it to Tumbleweed.

The burning question I have about TW is:

how can I install - and/or should I install - latest versions of
programs/applications/DE in TW?

For example, TW has only KDE 4.9.5 but v 4.10 has been around for a while
(and I have it in oS 12.2). Also, the latest version of LibreOffice is 4.0
but the one in TW is 3.6.

Can I use the KDE 4.10 repo used for 12.2 to upgrade KDE in TW?

But re LibreOffice, I install it manually as a download from the LO site.
Can I do the same in TW?

I add various "Tumbleweed" repos with the usual warning about published
but not ?? main-stream repos and get *nearly* "cutting-edge" versions of
apps. Greg KH has some "testing" mechanism he uses before committing
newer versions of apps to TW, (a good thing).

Although I haven't the need nor really looked for 4.x LO, I don't believe
it is published yet for TW.