Re: [opensuse-factory] Very slow loading of kernel/initrd with os12.3
Am 04.03.2013 20:18, schrieb Philipp Wagner:
Am 04.03.2013 20:07, Joschi Brauchle wrote:
So here is something interesting: I can reproduce and create slow and
fast loading initrd's (with grub) on my machine!

I've seen the same behavior on 12.1 (or so) already, and I think I've
also seen a bug report about it (I just cannot find it right now). It
happened about on every second kernel update, and as for you, calling
mkinitrd manually solved it. I never fully debugged it, but I think this
might not be a new problem of 12.3.

It might also be pure luck: every call of mkinitrd creates a new binary
blob which is placed differently in the filesystem. One time it might be
better suited for grub's (pretty primitive) ext2 filesystem driver, the
other time it might be ill suited.

Just a guess, have not encountered this issue.
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making