Re: [opensuse-factory] Very slow loading of kernel/initrd with os12.3
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:02:21 +0100
Joschi Brauchle wrote:

Hello,

I have been testing openSUSE 12.3 since Beta 1 in VirtualBox and found
everything great. I decided to install several physical machines with
RC2 over the weekend.

But now I experience a problem that was not there in virtualbox:
slow** on all of the physical machines, e.g. on a very recent Core-i7
system it takes ~20 seconds, on an older Core2Duo up to 60 seconds!

With lilo this could be due to lack of the "compact" option. Maybe grub
has something similar?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.9°C)