Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 -- if it isn't too late....
Am 04.03.2013 09:35, schrieb Basil Chupin:
On 04/03/13 19:18, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 04.03.2013 05:32, schrieb Basil Chupin:

So, both make and gcc are important.

Hell, what degree of difficulty is there to add a 358Kb and a 4Kb file
for make and gcc, respectively, to the default install list?
Oh, I'd like to have kernel-debuginfo and crash in the default install
list.
I often use them, they are important, so they should be default.

(and kdumptool already can send email ;-)

Methinks that this is taking it a bit too far. make and gcc are required
to be able to compile the nvidia driver

What is so special about that nvidia driver?
I have about 50 Linux devices at home, about 20 of them running some
kind of openSUSE, none of them running the nvidia driver.

I'm using crash and kdump on more than 50% of those 20 boxes from time
to time.

to be able to get a decent
picture on the screen as well as to be able to get the Desktop Effects
working. Fooling around with a kernel is not part of getting the oS to
work correctly.

Well, without crash and kdump I would sometimes not easily be able to
get the machines to work reliably in text mode, not even thinking about
getting them into some graphics mode :-)

Just select all patterns on your next installation and you should be
happy. But neither your gcc/make nor my crash/kdump preference should be
forced onto all users.
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making