Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 -- if it isn't too late....
On 03/04/2013 09:35 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 04/03/13 19:18, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 04.03.2013 05:32, schrieb Basil Chupin:

So, both make and gcc are important.

Hell, what degree of difficulty is there to add a 358Kb and a 4Kb file
for make and gcc, respectively, to the default install list?
Oh, I'd like to have kernel-debuginfo and crash in the default install
list.
I often use them, they are important, so they should be default.

(and kdumptool already can send email ;-)

Methinks that this is taking it a bit too far. make and gcc are required
to be able to compile the nvidia driver to be able to get a decent
picture on the screen as well as to be able to get the Desktop Effects
working. Fooling around with a kernel is not part of getting the oS to
work correctly.

I don't care about nvidia, so I really don't need a compiler on a
machine. Some manuals also say this is not safe on a production machine.

What you need here is to fix nvidia package to require those... The same
for the others which require something and don't clearly declare that in
a spec file.

--
js
suse labs