Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 -- if it isn't too late....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:59:38 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 04/03/13 19:18, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 04.03.2013 05:32, schrieb Basil Chupin:

So, both make and gcc are important.

Hell, what degree of difficulty is there to add a 358Kb and a 4Kb
file for make and gcc, respectively, to the default install list?
Oh, I'd like to have kernel-debuginfo and crash in the default
install list. I often use them, they are important, so they should be
default.

(and kdumptool already can send email ;-)

Methinks that this is taking it a bit too far. make and gcc are
required to be able to compile the nvidia driver to be able to get a
decent picture on the screen as well as to be able to get the Desktop
Effects working.

If this was the case for a lot more bits of hardware, including gcc and
make by default might make sense, but having to compile your own
drivers is an exception.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)