Re: [opensuse-factory] Instructions on the wiki for creation a USB bootable stick may be wrong for 12.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 23:41:35 +0100 (CET)

El 2013-03-03 a las 16:25 -0600, Rajko escribió:

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 19:03:48 +0100 (CET) "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

I don't know the motivation for the isohybrid usage, what versions
need it and which not.

For sure 12.1 and earlier.
Not sure for 12.2, and obviously it is not needed for 12.3.

I can edit the wiki adding that bit of information, sure, but without explanations as I know none.

But what abot 12.2?

Not everybody should edit any wiki page, only those with knowledge.
Even less such an important page.

If we look only for knowledgeable to edit wiki we will wait for a long
time. They have the same problem as any user that doesn't use wiki day
in and day out; they have to learn quite a lot in order to contribute
and as result, they do not contribute much.

Then documentation will lag and be incorrect.

[1]
Wiki structure is in my humble too complicated to be attractive for new
generations of content creators that expect lesser learning and more
visual help when editing, like they have in blogspot.com , situation
will not improve very fast, if at all.

Problem is that for years almost only editor that does that approval
was me, so it depends on my activity how fast it will be approved and
recently I have more fun learning Blender. Wiki is asking for too much
time at once that I can't provide anymore, and even more,

Mmmm.... :-(

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))