Re: [opensuse-factory] python-irc, python-irclib obsoletion / request to delete
Am 3. März 2013 12:43:52 schrieb Boris Manojlovic <boris@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

package python-irclib we have in factory is obsolete and not required
by any package, what i would like to do is to make it obsolete (tag
it) and push new package python-irc.

This only makes sense if irc is an ABI-compatible replacement for irclib, like distribute is for setuptools. If its just something new then no. But dropping irc is ok if you say its long-time dead.

Question from me should i provide python-irclib fake provides as that
is "good practice" or as it is really not compatible with old one just
ignore it?

Ah, just like I said then, no provides/obsoletes, just deleterequest the old one and sr the new.

I'm just pushing it into devel:languages:python and requested delete too
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/157149 <add to d:l:p
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/157150 < delete of
python-irclib from d:l:p
(can not yet push to factory as no devel project exist without push of d:l:p

Some d:l:p maintainer will take care.

With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)