Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 RC2: Thunderbird excesive CPU ussage.
On 03/02/2013 09:52 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 02.03.2013 21:23, schrieb Carlos E. R.:

I see now that I have an extension named "trackerbird 0.14.4" which I
don't know if it is the same as the above or not. If they are different
things I will simply remove the extension. I don't even know if it was
installed by Yast, or was inherited when reusing the home folder from
12.1 :-?

Trackerbird is the extension delivered together with tracker and in many
many cases seems to be responsible for Thunderbird slowness and memory
hogging. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason for you. Either disable
the Addon from TB or remove the package which most likely has the name
tracker-miner-thunderbird or so. It causes issues since years and I tend
to blacklist it at some point.

Yes, found it and removed it. I noticed TB was at 100% CPU again :-(
Lets hope this cured it.

It may also have been responsible for TB trying to index my entire gmail
archive a month ago, using a lot of bandwidth I did not have at the time.

Good riddance!

I will check all my other installations.

Thanks!

--
Cheers/Saludos
Carlos E. R. (12.3 Dartmouth test at Minas-Anor)