Re: [opensuse-factory] NetworkManager getting fixed in time for GM release of 12.3
Op vrijdag 1 maart 2013 11:27:54 schreef Roman Bysh:
Hello all,

I've installed openSUSE 12.3 RC2 on my desktop.Does any one know if the
plasmoid-networkmanagement will be working in time for the final release?

Now that I've already set it up under YaST.

I have an ethernet cable connected to my desktop. However, under the
"Wired" tab nothing appears. It should show "Wired connection 1".

I installed it using the DVD image of RC2 in a VM, which is comparable with
your type of installation in my experience, and got the network mode
Traditional Method with ifup. In that case you can start the plasmoid, but you
don't get anything under "Wired". So check with "systemctl -p Id show
network.service" the status, see the release notes for further information.
If you get Id=NetworkManager.service maybe a reboot and starting the plasmoid
may give you the possibility to configure the network using NetworkManager.
If not, you get Id=network.service, the procedure given in the release notes
to really change to NetworkManager may work. This does not work in YaST.

In my view the network module of YaST still lacks the proper functionality to
switch between the Traditional and NetworkManager method. Also the description
in the Release Notes is not very clear. It should state that the network
module of YaST currently is unable to change from Traditional to
NetworkManager and vice versa. So if you want to do that you can the use the
procedure given in the Release Notes if it works. I still have not fully
tested it.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf