Re: [opensuse-factory] 64 bits isos for the RC2
-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse@xxxxxxxxxxx, opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-factory] 64 bits isos for the RC2
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:44:12 +0100

Hans Witvliet <suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

K3B told me to insert an empty DVD so installed Brasero to get some
decent diagnostics and, as has happened before in 12.3, was told that
the iso was too big for the disk.

dvds will hold ~4.7 gb and the isos are only ~941mb
are you using cds instead of dvds?

You're joking? CD's wont hold 941MB...
Not even with overburning.

Well, there are 100 min CDs but these will not play on all players.
The maximum that is Red Book compatible is 90 min which is 404850 sectors
829132800 Bytes, so you are right...

Regarding k3b: If you have cdrecord installed, it should be able to deal with
the media sizes. If you have only the problem called "wodim", there is no code
to read the media sizes for DVDs as the DVD driver in wodim is a joke.