Re: [opensuse-factory] why are raw scripts forced into /bin/sh instead of user's shell (a Suse patch to bash)
  • From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:58:52 +0100
Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

/* The name of this shell, as taken from argv[0]. */
char *shell_name = (char *)NULL;

(open?)SUSE patch forces script to always run with /bin/sh

There must be some reason why it was changed. I would be interested to
know it too.
the patch changing this is bash-3.2-longjmp.dif.

I am not sure whether you know this, but bash-3.x is definitely not POSIX
compatible as it misshandles "sh -ce 'command...'" which is needed for correct
make(1) behavior.

As a result, make runs may not stop on errors.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni)