Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal for Yast, package "Factory-Update"
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
On Thursday 21 June 2012 11:30:18 maury63ts wrote:
Thank you for very fast reply.

I apologize, one question.
I've understand and i will changing my Zypp.conf file...
But is possible, on box of this graphic utility (factory-update), to
have the possibility to change this, with a check button so can rewrite
in automatic the file zypp.cof?
I know that who use Linux system from much time, this is a stupid
question, but for who is the first time in the Linux world, it would
simplify life.

Excuse me for my english is no good.

Maurizio

I do not believe this to be possible. However, Maurizio, if you hit ALT-F2
and type "kdesu kwrite /etc/zypp/zypp.conf" followed by your root account
password you'll have a graphical editor in which you can change this file.

On a gnome desktop I am unaware of an easy way to have a root gedit window
but I'm sure it is possible somehow.