Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On 16.06.2012 06:11, Graham Anderson wrote:
On Saturday 16 Jun 2012 06:04:37 Graham Anderson wrote:
On Thursday 14 Jun 2012 21:59:59 Greg KH wrote:
That's a nice idea for small jobs as the rpm install time probably
dwarfs the build time. But speed up the I/O path, and that too should
also speed up.

Can we try to reduce the gazillion stat operations that OBS services do
before we try to throw money at the problem?

On that note, what's the issue that makes a cold start of the sheduler take
days to catch up?

Hmm, what's the issue with rsync taking 2 days to sync the same file
system?

Asking questions is so great - why limit yourself to technical stuff?
Why is the earth turning around the sun? Can we do something about it
first? I mean, just to make this thread even more unreadable?

Greetings, Stephan