  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:52:49 +0200
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
3. As working more strictly will require more time, I would like to
 either ditch release schedules all together or release only once a
 year and then rebase Tumbleweed - as already discussed in the RC1
 thread.

What if we do it the other way around? We have Tumbleweed as the
"official" openSUSE version (which is only rebased when SLES is
released), and we periodically pull out a version of Tumbleweed and
release it as a versioned openSUSE? This version would be frozen with
a specific set of package versions, and the release cycle would only
involve fixing problems in those versions? That way we avoid the
problem of new updates breaking existing fixes during the polishing
phase.

-Todd