the problem is not the model, per se, but the people... and Stephen correctly
pointed the main issues... there are some devel packages which are simply out
of sync with the factory and their maintainers seem to be out of sync with the
community.

We need a way to replace these people... There are certain projects
yast/zypper is what comes to my mind now which have a high resistance to
change. There are two months almost since we are plagued by yast/zypper bugs
due to the new gcc 4.7 and we all saw a lot of lack of coordination between
the two projects.

Maybe we need more public reminders of out of date and out of sync packages
and people from community would step up. This is what happened during the gcc
4.7 staging when Dominique was publishing weekly reports on the status of the
process.

Alin

--
Without Questions there are no Answers!